|Date|| January 22/23, 1917|
|Location(s)||Weilheim, German Reich|
The woman, who had been suffering from depression for a long time and had repeatedly threatened to kill herself, then committed suicide by slashing her own throat. She left a letter for her husband, who was serving at a command in the Hunsrück.
The crime was discovered when someone was sent to her home to investigate, because the children, who were aged between 3 and 13 years, had not appeared at school. The bodies of four of the children were found on the ground floor, while the two remaining children and Hecker herself, who showed signs of a fight, apparently with her oldest son, lay dead on the first floor.
- ↑ Kleine Chronik - Wahnsinnstat einer Mutter, Berliner Volks-Zeitung (January 24, 1917) (Abend-Ausgabe)
- ↑ Letzte Nachrichten - Wahnsinnstat einer Mutter, Berliner Tageblatt (January 24, 1917) (Morgen-Ausgabe)
- ↑ Aus Nah und Fern - Schreckenstat einer Mutter, Coburger Zeitung (January 26, 1917)
- ↑ Vermischte Nachrichten - Eine schreckliche Familientragödie, Freiburger Zeitung (January 25, 1917) (Abendausgabe)
- ↑ Zesvoudige moord en zelfmoord, De Tribune (January 26, 1917)
- ↑ Sechsfacher Mord und Selbstmord, Bozner Nachrichten (January 26, 1917)