|Wanghua amok case|
|Date|| March 27, 2014|
|Location(s)||Wanghua, People's Republic of China|
On March 27, 2014 a Chinese man surnamed Zhao (Chinese: 赵) stabbed about ten people, six of them fatally in Wanghua (王化村), Huairou District, People's Republic of China, before being arrested. The 34-year-old, a local with a history of mental illness, grabbed a knife and attacked his victims at around 12:48 p.m. after a dispute with his family about property.
According to neighbours Zhao and his mother came from southern China and settled in the village about ten years prior. His mother married an elderly man, who left them a house when he died, and according to a villager they had conflicts with the village committee regarding income distribution from his house relocation.
- ↑ Beijing stabbing spree leaves six dead after 'family property row', ABC News (March 27, 2014)
- ↑ Knife-wielding man kills 6 in Beijing, People's Daily (March 27, 2014)
- ↑ Beijing man stabs six people to death over property dispute, South China Morning Post (March 27, 2014)
- ↑ 北京怀柔发生持刀伤人案致6人死亡 嫌疑人或有精神病史, Xinhua (March 27, 2014)
- ↑ Man arrested after 6 killed in rural Beijing knife attack, China Daily (March 28, 2014)
- 北京怀柔一男子持刀行凶 造成6人死亡 已被抓获, Sohu (March 27, 2014)
- 北京怀柔男子持刀扎死6人 另有多人受伤疑因房产纠纷，家人称其有精神病史, Sina.com (March 28, 2012)
- 北京怀柔一男子持刀行凶已致6人死亡, China Daily (March 28, 2012)
- 北京怀柔一精神病人因家庭房产纠纷持刀伤人 致6死多伤, china.com.cn (March 27, 2014)
- 北京怀柔发生精神病人砍人事件6人死亡, Sina.com (March 27, 2014)
- 北京怀柔区王化村发生持刀伤人事件 一男子持刀杀死6人 事故原因是什么?命案最新进展, indiacn.com (March 27, 2014)