|Birth name||Pedro Martins Barbosa|
|Cause of death||Killed|
|Date|| January 31, 1957|
|Location(s)||Vila Vira Saia, Brazil|
Pedro Martins Barbosa was a Brazilian ex-convict who killed five people and wounded 15 others during the night from January 31 to February 1, 1957 in Vila Vira Saia, a village in Pará, Brazil, before being killed.
On January 31, at around 11:30 p.m., Martins killed 28-year-old Joviano Marcolino in his own home by stabbing him in the heart. Subsequently he went to a shed, where a dance was in progress, killed four other people and wounded 15 more, among them one of his brothers and three brothers-in-law, and afterwards fled to a nearby island, where he was eventually captured by two caboclos around 10 a.m. the following day.
Later that same day, at approximately 4 p.m., Martins was forced by the villagers to dig graves for three of his victims and was then stabbed by Raimundo Guedes de Oliveira, a relative of two of the deceased. The injured Martins was taken to the Hospital do SESP in Breves, where he was later fatally stabbed twice more by de Oliveira, who then surrendered himself to police.
- Maria de Souza, 33
- Joviano Marcolino, 28
- Raimundo Narciso, 28
- José Alves de Moura, 14
- Domingos Guedes de Oliveira
Among those wounded was Sebastião Crescêncio da Silva.
- ↑ Crazed ex-convict kills 5, wounds 15, St. Joseph Gazette (February 14, 1957)
- ↑ Crazed Dancer Killed After 5 Persons Slain, Commerce Daily Journal (February 14, 1957)
- ↑ Berserk man kills five, Independent Record (February 14, 1957)
- ↑ Enlouquecendo, o Presidiário Praticou Terrivel Chacina, Diario da Noite, (February 13, 1957)
- ↑ Um Jovem Matou o Monstro Assassino, O Jornal (RJ) (February 13, 1957)
- ↑ Selvagem chacina no Pará, Diario de Noticias (RS) (February 14, 1957)