May 4, 1989
|Cause of death||Suicide|
|Date|| May 3/4 1989|
|Location(s)||Upper Gusa and Lower Gusa, Philippines|
|Weapon(s)|| M-16 assault rifle |
M203 grenade launcher
Ramon Cabisada was a Filipino soldier who killed at least six people and wounded at least 14 others in Upper Gusa and Lower Gusa, two villages in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines on May 3 and May 4 1989, before committing suicide.
On the afternoon of May 3 constable 2nd class Cabisada, who was armed with an M-16 assault rifle and a M203 grenade launcher, attacked a house in Upper Gusa, leaving six people dead and eleven more wounded. Early the next morning he fired his grenade launcher into a house in Lower Gusa, wounding three, and then went to his nearby home, where he shot himself dead.
- ↑ Soldier kills 6, wounds 14, committs suicide, Associated Press (May 5, 1989)
- ↑ Soldier kills 6, commits suicide, Spokane Chronicle (May 5, 1989)
- ↑ Filipino cop kills 6 in shooting spree, The Straits Times (May 6, 1989)
- ↑ Polonia Premier Polaco Exhorta Al Realismo, El Nuevo Herald (May 6, 1989)
- ↑ Polis amuk lapan maut, Berita Harian (May 6, 1989)
- ↑ On May 5, Asian Bulletin (July 1989) (p. 37)
- ↑ Filipino cop kills 8, wounds 17 in rampage, UPI (May 5, 1989)