|Natti Sankara Rao|
|Occupation|| Police officer |
|Born|| ca. 1962/1974|
May 12, 2017
|Cause of death||Murder|
|Penalty|| Sentenced to death |
Found to be insane
|Date|| November 30/December 1, 2010|
Natti Sankara Rao (also spelled Metta Shankar Rao) was an Indian Central Reserve Police Force jawan who killed seven people in Mettapeta, Jalamuru, India during the night from November 30 to December 1, 2010, before being arrested.
He was initially sentenced to death on April 30, 2012, however, after an appeal to the High Court he was found to have been mentally unbalanced when he committed murders and put under psychiatric treatment. In 2014 he was eventually released and later worked as a security guard in Bobbili in Vizianagaram district. On May 12, 2017 Rao was abducted from his workplace, murdered, and his body disposed at Podugupadu.
- ↑ Ex-CRPF man kills 7, Indian Express (December 2, 2010)
- ↑ Butcher of Srikakulam hacks 7 to death, Deccan Chronicle (December 2, 2010)
- ↑ Ex-CRPF cop hacks his 2 children, 5 others, The Times of India (December 2, 2010)
- ↑ Ex-jawan beheads seven in vendetta, The Telegraph (December 2, 2010)
- ↑ Ex-jawan kills two kids, four others, Mumbai Mirror (December 2, 2010)
- ↑ CRPF jawan who killed seven in a murder spree found slain by enemies in Andhra Pradesh, The New Indian Express (May 14, 2017)