|Born|| ca. 1930|
|Cause of death||Suicide|
|Date|| September 20, 1959|
|Location(s)||Nantou City, Taiwan|
Li Hsing-ju (Chinese: 李興儒) was a Taiwanese army captain who killed eleven people and wounded three others in Nantou City, Taiwan on September 20, 1959. The 29-year-old then committed suicide.
Li had fallen in love with 20-year-old Lu Mu-sheng, who rejected his advances and became engaged with her neighbour Yu Chuang Sheng, while he was stationed on the Quemoy islands. When Li returned home Lu introduced him to another girl, proposing that he should marry her instead.
Lu Mu-sheng and Yu Chuang Sheng were about to get married on the day of the shooting.
In the early hours of September 20, at approximately 2 a.m., Li broke into the house of Lu Mu-sheng and her family, carrying with him two rifles. He fatally shot Lu's father, her 10-year-old sister, her two brothers, aged 14 and 7 years, as well as her 30-year-old fiance with a semi-automatic rifle, and then dragged her outside and critically wounded her with shots to the chest and leg.
Li also fired at two neighbours who came to investigate, killing both, and subsequently entered a second-storey apartment 50 yards away, where the girl, Miss Lu had introduced him to, lived together with her family. There he killed the girl's parents, her brother, and one of her sisters, and wounded herself and another sister of hers. When police arrived at the scene and asked him to surrender, Li committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.
- Lu Mao-qu (盧懋渠), 50
- Lu Yuan-sheng (盧元生), 14, son of Lu Mao-qu
- Lu Mei-mei (盧媄媄), 10, daughter of Lu Mao-qu
- Lu Tai-sheng (盧台生), 7, son of Lu Mao-qu
- Yu Chuan-jin (余傳金), 30, fiance of Lu Mu-sheng
- Wu Yan-tang (吳宴堂), 44
- Zhang Zi-feng (張資鳳), 39, wife of Wu Yan-tang
- Wu Su-lan (吳素蘭), 17, daughter of Wu Yan-tang and Zhang Zi-feng
- Wu Peng-zhi (吳鵬志), 14, son of Wu Yan-tang and Zhang Zi-feng
- Ma Shou-shan (馬壽山), 35
- Zhou Fu-ping (周輔平)
- Lu Mu-sheng (盧木生), 20, daughter of Lu Mao-qu
- Wu Su-ying (吳素英), 23, daughter of Wu Yan-tang and Zhang Zi-feng
- Wu Su-zhu (吳素珠), 19, daughter of Wu Yan-tang and Zhang Zi-feng
- ↑ Rejected Lover Kills 9 on Murder Spree, Chicago Daily Tribune (September 22, 1959)
- ↑ Forsaken soldier kills 10, Winnipeg Free Press (September 22, 1959)
- ↑ Un soldado chino mata por celos a su novia y a otras nueve personas en Taipeh, ABC (September 22, 1959)
- ↑ Soldat erschoß zehn Menschen, Passauer Neue Presse (September 24, 1959)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jealous army captain massacres 10, The Straits Times (September 22, 1959)
- ↑ Crazed man slays ten, Saskatoon Star-Phoenix (September 21, 1959)
- 台灣最恐怖的校園連環喋血案（管仁健／著） (April 27, 2012)