|Born|| ca. 1941|
|Date|| April 5, 1962|
|Weapon(s)|| Carbine |
Lee Wei (Chinese: 李威) was a Taiwanese soldier who killed ten people and wounded up to five others, several of them seriously, at a military camp near Patch, a village near Taoyuan City, Taiwan on April 5, 1962.
Apparently after he had lost his life-savings in an all-night poker game Lee set fire to three dormitories, and then shot at the fleeing soldiers with a carbine. Five of them died on the spot, and five more succumbed to their injuries soon thereafter, while up to five others were wounded. The 41-year-old, who was said to have been insane, then escaped in a jeep, but was arrested four hours later in a mountain area near Taipei.
- ↑ Soldier kills 7, hurts 5, The Miami News (April 5, 1962)
- ↑ Nationalist Soldier Kills 10 Comrades, Pacific Stars and Stripes (April 8, 1962)
- ↑ Chinese Runs Amok, Kills Seven, Tucson Daily Citizen (April 5, 1962)
- ↑ Goes berserk, Nevada State Journal (April 7, 1962)
- ↑ Chinese Soldier Kills 10 Men Over Poker Loss, Connellsville Daily Courier (April 7, 1962)
- ↑ News in brief, The Santa Fe New Mexican (April 6, 1962)
- ↑ Berserk Soldier Slays 10 Others, The Chronicle Telegram (April 6, 1962)
- ↑ Poker loser kills 10 others, San Antonio Light (April 6, 1962)
- ↑ Il perd au jeu et tue 10 amis, Feuille d'avis de Lausanne (April 6, 1962)
- ↑ Un mauvais perdant, L'Express (April 7, 1962)