The S.S. Alting, the ship on which Herman committed his second rampage.
|Penalty||Found to be insane|
|Date|| November 1922 |
|Location(s)||Kuala Kapuas & S.S. Alting, Dutch East Indies|
|Weapon(s)|| Spear |
Herman was an Indonesian who killed a total of seven people and wounded seven others in two rampage attacks, the first occurring in Kuala Kapuas, Kapuas Regency in November 1922, and the second on a ship near Banjarmasin, Dutch East Indies in December the same year.
In December 1922 he was to be transferred to Banjarmasin for his mental examination, but while travelling on the S.S. Alting he grabbed a klewang from one of his two guards, and after leaving both of them wounded, killed one passenger, and injured three others, two of them seriously.
- ↑ Short News, The Straits Times (December 7, 1922)
- ↑ Amok, Bataviaasch Nieuwsblad (November 27, 1922)
- ↑ Moorden, Het nieuws van den dag voor Nederlandsch-Indië (November 27, 1922)
- ↑ Woestling, Bataviaasch Nieuwsblad (December 14, 1922)
- ↑ Slechte bewaking, Het nieuws van den dag voor Nederlandsch-Indië (December 14, 1922)
- ↑ De Dajaksche Moordenaar, Bataviaasch Nieuwsblad (January 18, 1923)
- ↑ Krankzinnig, Het nieuws van den dag voor Nederlandsch-Indië (January 18, 1923)