|Gure amok case|
|Date|| November 5, 2016|
8:30 p.m. – 8:40 p.m.
|Location(s)||Gure, South Sudan|
The man, who appeared to be drunk, apparently went to the club to watch an English Premier League game on television, but was barred from entering as he could not pay the entry fee of about $1.60. According to other reports he left the club when supporters of a rival team began mocking the fans of his team for losing. In any way, he stormed off, armed himself with a rifle, which reportedly was most likely an AK-47, returned to the club at about 8:30 p.m., and started shooting at the more than 40 people present. Six of them died on the spot, and three on the way to hospital, while four more succumbed to their injuries at Juba Teaching Hospital. Additionally ten to fourteen others were wounded with some of them being in coma. After the shooting, which lasted about ten minutes, and holding people hostage at the bar for an unspecified time, the gunman escaped.
- ↑ Football fans killed in South Sudan shooting, BBC News (November 6, 2016)
- ↑ Unidentified gunman kills nine soccer fans in South Sudan: police, Reuters (November 7, 2016)
- ↑ Gunman in South Sudan kills 13 people watching football match in bar, The Guardian (November 7, 2016)
- ↑ Death Toll From South Sudan Shooting Up to 13, Voice of America (November 7, 2016)
- ↑ Gunman kills 11 South Sudanese at Juba soccer game watch, Sudan Tribune (November 7, 2016)