|Born|| ca. 1979|
|Date|| October 21, 1995|
|Weapon(s)||Armalite assault rifle|
Edgar Fernandez (also identified as Edgardo Fernandez) was a Filipino orderly who killed seven people and wounded three others at the Mother and Child Hospital in Olongapo, Philippines on October 21, 1995, before being arrested.
Fernandez had asked the owner of the hospital, Dr. Diosdado Dominado, for a loan of 200 pesos for his sick father, but his request was declined. Enraged the 16-year-old calmed his nerves by drinking two bottles of beer, and then entered Dominado's quarters, where he took an Armalite assault rifle. When one of Dominado's daughters tried to wrestle the gun from him, Fernandez shot her dead, and afterwards hunted down the other occupants of the apartment. He killed Dominado's mother-in-law, another daughter of his, as well as his four-year-old granddaughter, and then randomly fired at people in the hospital, at pedestrians, and nearby buildings, killing two hospital workers and a beautician in a shop across the street. Additionally three people were wounded, and a woman, employed as a cook in the hospital, died from a heart attack. Fernandez eventually surrendered to police after a five-hour stand-off, when the mayor of Olongapo Kate Gordon persuaded him that he would not be harmed.
- ↑ Orderly kills 8 in Philippines, The Buffalo News (October 22, 1995)
- ↑ Philippine Hospital Orderly Kills 8 With Rifle In Rampage, Orlando Sentinel (October 22, 1995)
- ↑ Teen killer, The Straits Times (October 23, 1995)
- ↑ Orderly kills 8 in hospital, Filipino Reporter (November 2, 1995)
- ↑ Youth goes on rampage after failing to get RM18 loan, New Straits Times (October 23, 1995)
- ↑ Un mineur tue huit personnes au hasard pour se venger de son employeur, AFP (October 22, 1995)
- ↑ Bunuh 7 orang kerana tak dapat pinjam $11, Berita Harian (October 23, 1995)