|Cause of death||Suicide|
|Date|| April 5, 1993|
Chen, a worker at the Chongqing machine factory, who was angered by a mistake on his timesheet, armed himself with a hunting rifle and searched for his boss with the intent to kill him, but upon finding that the latter was not present he shot dead three of his co-workers.
Chased by security guards Chen escaped the factory grounds by jumping over a wall, and once out on the street fired at a family of four passing by on a motorcycle with sidecar, fatally hitting a man and two women, and wounding the fourth. He next injured a soldier in a van, and then killed another man, on whose bike he fled. At a junction Chen stopped and hijacked a taxi, after killing the driver, and injuring his passenger, and eventually killed himself by driving down a 30-meters deep ravine, about 40 minutes after firing his first shots.
- ↑ El Mundo, El Nuevo Herald (April 7, 1993)
- ↑ Amokläufer erschießt acht Personen, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (April 7, 1993)
- ↑ Pris de colère, un ouvrier chinois tue huit personnes, AFP (April 6, 1993)
- ↑ Amokläufer in China erschiesst acht Personen, Neue Zürcher Zeitung (April 7, 1993)
- ↑ Worker kills 8, Asian Recorder (p. 23105)
- 重庆血案 狂汉连杀八人夺车坠崖毙命, Lianhe Wanbao (April 6, 1993) (p. 13)